Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Adding Picks/deliveries
Marsha
post May 3 2010, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2155

After I add the 1st pickup and 1st drop I hit the save button. Then I hit the add button, enter the corresponding number and hit my enter key. The program shuts down. Once I log back in, I can add the additional stop or delivery without any problems.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post May 4 2010, 02:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Upload your database for me and then let me know once it's uploaded so I can try this with your data -

Try this as a solution - instead of clicking ADD to go the side you want to add to - PICKUP or DELIVERY and RIGHT CLICK. A box will pop up, select ADD from that box. See if that solves the problem.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper
Don't forget to get the latest Online Update

+Quote Post
ANN
post May 12 2010, 04:41 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 3468

This has done this to me as well since we bought the program 3 years ago. Sometimes if you just close out of the billing and go back to the home page, you then go back into billing and it will let you add them all.

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post May 13 2010, 12:31 AM
Post #4

This is on the loads page not the billing page - but try the method I suggested and it should cure the problem.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Dec 9 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1821

We've had the same problems since we have had the program. If you have more than on pick or drop the program will kick you out. I've even tried the method that John suggested, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. Get's frustrating when your trying enter a plant load with 12 stops and get kicked out after each entry.......It usually shuts down the entire program, not just kick you out of the billing page.

+Quote Post
Marsha
post Dec 9 2010, 07:26 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Yes, you are exactly right. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. I feel your pain!

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Dec 9 2010, 08:42 PM
Post #7

Give me a Pro Number for one that you've put in recently that caused you this problem so I can try it. I've put in loads with 5 or 6 pickups or deliveries and never been able to recreate the problem. I can't really find a solution to this until I can define what it is that you're doing differently from the way I do it.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Dec 16 2010, 02:26 PM
Post #8

Advanced Member

Pro 6288 (3 pick ups) John I don't know if you can do this or not, if I upload my DB to you can you do a "mock" invoice in MY th, or is this something you can "see only"?

You don't always get an "error" message otherwise I would tell you what it said, which might help you out a little more, most times it just closes you out of the program once you click "add"....(and that is right clicking in a yellow area and then clicking add)

DB is Uploaded.

+Quote Post
Marsha
post Dec 16 2010, 04:18 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

I have not had any multiple pick/delivery loads since you asked about providing you with a Pro number. It is an intermittent issue. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Dec 16 2010, 05:32 PM
Post #10

Is this on the workstation, the main or doesn't matter? If it's the workstation then I have some ideas what may be causing it.

This is for everybody - a note:

INTERMITTENT PROBLEMS are not the program. They are caused by something else in your system. The way to look at a computer program is it's like a road. You drive down the road and come to a junction, if you turn left you fall off a cliff, if you turn right there are other branches that turn off. The road doesn't change, every time you turn left you fall off the cliff, every time you turn right you continue down the road. So if your steering malfunctions you may run off the road, may even fall off the cliff, but that's not the fault of the road - that's a problem with your car.

When you upload your database I load it into the program and then I can do anything with it that you do with it. That's how we locate and diagnose problems in your data. I have the advantage of being able to stop the program when the error occurs and looking at what it's actually doing at that point which pinpoints the problem. A log of the message boxes that tell you what the problem is and how to fix it were developed in this manner. But there are always new things people find to do, so it's a never ending challenge trying to find a balance between insuring that good data is being put in still providing the flexibility to enter a wide variety of data ph34r.gif

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
Marsha
post Dec 16 2010, 09:20 PM
Post #11

Advanced Member

I am using a workstation. The next time I have multiple stops/deliveries I will use the main computer. If my memory serves me correctly I was using the main computer when I posted the issue originally. I have just been dealing with it. Yes, I'm familiar with programming. The code is the road you speak about. So, as long as the code does not change... the road does not change. Hopefully, we can determine what is going on.

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Dec 16 2010, 09:40 PM
Post #12

Ok, well intermittent problems are common with a network, especially wireless networks, as there are sometimes network bottlenecks and slow things down. When the program doesn't get an answer back from the server that the record was updated it can get lost and then you get the error when you try to add a new record because the program is, at that point, no longer connected to the database. The same can happen on the main computer if it's bogged down with other programs, but it's not as common.

Be sure that you don't have a lot of windows open when you're working in the program and don't use any of the "streaming" type internet links, weather bug, online music, etc. Those things eat up a ton of bandwidth and can really slow your computer and/or network down.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Dec 16 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #13

Advanced Member

I work on the Main computer and it still does it, it was doing it before I even had a workstation. I gave a pro# in an earlier response but I'm not sure if you saw it. It's PRO 6288, I've already uploaded DB but if you need it again, let me know. Also, if that PRO won't give ya the error, let me know and I will give you another pro number....

As far as issues w/ the work station, it's on going...but I have a better understanding now of why there are so many issues (errors). We've had issues with working in the same spot in the program like I & E and it does NOT like 2 people being in there. I won't get an error but the workstation will....But once again, I work off the main computer.

+Quote Post
Marsha
post Dec 16 2010, 10:31 PM
Post #14

Advanced Member

Oh, streaming music may be the culprit sad.gif ...I listen to pandora online. I'm going to do some testing to see if that's my problem.

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Dec 16 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #15

I'll do your Pro# when I have a chance, but I can already tell you that it won't give me an error. I've done this 20 or 30 times and I never get an error. So if you turn right at the corner you don't fall off the cliff. But if you turn left (do something different in the process) or your steering (computer) malfunctions you run off the road.

If the load goes in eventually then it's probably not the data so that leave an entry error or a computer glitch - there really are gremlins in there playing pranks on us unsure.gif My favorite is - the data was there last night and this morning it's gone - so my only conclusion must be that there's a gremlin in there that "ate" the data laugh.gif

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Dec 17 2010, 09:51 PM
Post #16

Advanced Member

I'll buy your Germlin story, only because I've caught them in the act. Especially on the workstation....they are always messing with it!

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Dec 18 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #17

unsure.gif blink.gif rolleyes.gif

No other comment required laugh.gif

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-->