> Payroll/fuel For Owner Operators
teamdriver
post Aug 2 2016, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1821

John,

How do i enter fuel for an owner operator that uses our fuel card on occasion so payroll will pick it up as a deduction? (I'm not even sure if that's possible)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Aug 2 2016, 09:14 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

You just enter an advance for the amount of the fuel and use the fuel card to pay it to the o/o. If he got fuel and other things, same answer, you just enter the amount he spent as a Driver Advance. Put FUEL in the MEMO field and payroll will deduct the advance.

PRO NUMBER
EXPENSE
AMOUNT HE GOT.
PAID BY: CHARGE
PMNT ACCOUNT: WHATEVER THE FUEL CARD ACCOUNT IS.
DRIVER ADVANCED
and the driver code.

If you are tracking his IFTA be sure to enter the FUEL amount and state in the FUEL SECTION.

You can also use QUICK ENTRY - aee HELP/MANUAL and search for DRIVER ADVANCES, or ADVANCED either will get you the right topic.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper
Don't forget to get the latest Online Update

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Aug 17 2016, 02:11 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

John,

Last week this worked perfectly using this method, but this week it's not pulling the fuel into the deductions? When I click on "calculate" it tells me there are advances that have not been settled, but I don't know what step I'm missing?

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Aug 17 2016, 02:56 PM
Post #4

Did you IMPORT the payroll or just fill in the blanks manually? You need to click the IMPORT to get the program to import any outstanding Driver Advances and any other things that are set up to happen automatically.

If that's not the problem then I need more details on who, what week, etc. so I can take a look and see what's wrong.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Oct 5 2016, 01:37 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

I have a problem. I went to pull the fuel tax report on the Owner Operators for 3rd Quarter and it says "No records found". I made the entries as you stated in above postings. Can you please assist me?

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Oct 6 2016, 12:47 PM
Post #6

For the O/O's you have to do individual reports by truck number for each O/O. Is that what you're doing now? If it is, give me an example and I'll look into this further - I'm assuming you entered the O/O fuel into the Fuel section when you entered the expense as a Driver Advance.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Oct 12 2016, 04:43 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

Yes, I'm trying to pull the reports for each individual truck and yes I'm entering their fuel at the bottom (like you normally would) except in the Charge to account I'm putting "Driver Advanced".
When I pull the MFUT report by truck on Owner Ops is says there is nothing to report. If I go to the "fuel report" it will only pull some of their fuels up. Truck 99 is a Owner Operator, if you can
look at his. Thank You for your help only got a couple of weeks before these bad boys are due.

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Oct 12 2016, 05:40 PM
Post #8

I have the programmer looking into this. I'm guessing that something has happened to the query that get's the information for the IFTA report. The fuel report is working, but the IFTA report is not. More as soon as I get a report from the programmer.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Oct 12 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #9

The IFTA report requires two things and I didn't check both - programmer found it for me. You need MILES and you need FUEL PURCHASES in order to get a report for IFTA. If either of those are missing then the IFTA report does the NO RECORDS FOUND error which is probably what you're getting now. You don't have any MILES for the truck so no IFTA report. You can get a fuel report as you have fuel. If you have any fuel that's not showing up on the report you need to check the entries for it, probably the truck number is missing or the FUEL information is missing.

Let me know if you have any other questions on this,

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-->