Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Upgrading from 6.1 to 7.1, How do I upgrade from 6.1 to the current version
Emmons
post Sep 18 2009, 05:44 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1282

How do I get this upgrade? I have installed the Truckers Helper 2002 on an old 98 machine and it is upgraded to version 6.1.88 and have recently gotten a laptop with XP on it and need to move my database to that machine. I can not seem to find the upgrade and have never gotten the 6.2 version. There are things that do not look the same in the program on the XP machine as they do on the 98 machine. I am also interested in purchasing the newest version after getting my current taxes calculated using what I have now.

Please help!
Thanks John.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Sep 18 2009, 05:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

The 6.2 upgrade is no longer available, we're on Version 7.1.1 now. In order to upgrade you would need to purchase the upgrade from us, we'll send you a new DVD with the program on it, and you'd need to upload your database to us if you want to bring your current data into the new program. You cannot convert from 6.1 to 7.1 it will have to be done by us as there are a number of steps and issues we have to resolve to bring 6.1 data into a 7.1 database. There would be a additional $25 charge to convert the data for you. If you just want to start over you just need to purchase the upgrade and get the new program from us.

I moved this to the support forum as others are not going to see it here, no one uses this topic anymore.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper
Don't forget to get the latest Online Update

+Quote Post
Emmons
post Sep 18 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #3

Is there anyway to get the 6.1.88 upgrade installed on my XP laptop so I can use it instead of the older machine to finish up what I have to do before installing the new 7.0 version? The older machine crashes to many times and I have entered data up until August and don't want to start over. I know there were problems with the original install version from the CD and I can't find a downloaded file on my computer to move over. What are your thoughts on this?

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Sep 19 2009, 01:39 AM
Post #4

Do you still have the original CD? If you do install it on your new computer and then get an online update - the update is still there I believe. If you don't have the original CD then we could possibly find one to send you for a $12.50 s/h fee. There are no downloads anymore for that old a program so one of those options would be the only want to reinstall the old 6.1 version.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
Emmons
post Sep 21 2009, 08:14 PM
Post #5

I have the original CD and have already installed in on my XP machine, things don't quite look the same as the 98 machine. I can not seem to find the 6.1.88 upgrade online, I might not be looking in the right place - please point me in the right direction.
thank you. wink.gif wink.gif

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Sep 22 2009, 01:10 PM
Post #6

The 6.1.88 update is still available through the online update - WEB TOOLS/ONLINE UPDATE. Run the Online Update and you should get that update. 6.1.xx was 7 years ago and I don't remember what changes have occurred since then, but I believe that the update is on the menu bar under Web Tools just like it is in the current version.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
Emmons
post Sep 22 2009, 06:49 PM
Post #7

Yes, that is there I click on Web Tools, Online Update and the little truck pops up like it's trying to connect to a Server so while I was typing this reply I tried it again so I could send you the exact error message and amazingly it worked. I must have had to be signed in or something.

This is great except that the 2 options on the bottom when I have the Income & Expense page open does not appear. They are the Find and Close options on the right. Does my screen settings on a laptop have to be adjusted? I have the pixels set at 800X600 on both systems but it still does not show up on the XP laptop.

+Quote Post
Emmons
post Sep 22 2009, 07:20 PM
Post #8

One more thing, on the 98 machine on the bottom it shows Team on the right had side and on the XP machine it shows One Truck. I installed it the same way on both machines with the original CD. Will this effect file sharing?

This is the only thing I need answered now, I figured out the other problem with the missing buttons.
Wendy

This post has been edited by Emmons: Sep 22 2009, 09:04 PM

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Sep 23 2009, 02:26 AM
Post #9

The One Truck is what you have and that difference won't make any difference to what you're wanting to do right now.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-->