Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> How Do I Flag A Fuel Stop
MikeL
post Feb 25 2007, 04:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1891

How do I flag a fuel stop in the logbook in Truckers Helper? My company requires them to be shown every time we fuel.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Feb 25 2007, 12:00 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Did you watch the TUTOR for the Log Mastertm? If not click HELP/TUTOR on the menu bar at the top of the Log Master page and watch it, I think you'll find that most of the questions on using the Log Master are covered in the Tutor.

It's also covered in the HELP section - ENTER LOCATIONS is one method and EDIT DETAILS is the other. In the Edit Details option you toggle to the time you want to enter the comment for and then enter the comment in the Place box.

If you have any other questions on this let me know.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper
Don't forget to get the latest Online Update

+Quote Post
frtlnrblues
post Aug 7 2007, 12:22 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 76

ph34r.gif I'd change companies laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Don Jones
post Aug 11 2007, 03:43 AM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 845

The company is just covering their butts for an audit.

Don Jones

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Aug 11 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #5

It just occured to me - it was probably late when I answered this the first time - but "Flagging a fuel stop" is a bad idea. If you fueled you should log 15 minutes OnDuty and note it as Fuel. I've heard that I can fuel in 5 minutes but if you flag your fuel, sooner or later you're going to run into a DOT man who's having a bad day and get cited for it. It take's 5 minutes just to get the pump turned on, another 5 to stand in line and pay (or find your receipt on the spindle) and make a pit stop.

If you want to avoid being written up for falsifing your logs log 15 minutes On Duty Not Driving for your fuel stops.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
Don Jones
post Aug 11 2007, 02:24 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

I missed that too. If the officer is really having a bad day, he may not even buy less than 1/2 hour. I've had them chew on me a little at 15 minutes but never got a ticket for it. I've never had them question 1/2 hour. If you are going to just "flag" a fuel stop, don't label it, just put the location in and wait until you turn your logs to label it and leave your copy alone. ANOTHER THING, NEVER HAVE ANYTHING ON THE TRUCK THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU LOG! If they smell a rat, they can and will either hold you until you give permission to search your truck or get a warrant. If you are going to play games with your logbook, do NOT keep toll receipts, traffic tickets -- of course I'm the only driver that ever gets those aren't I --DOT inspection reports, fuel receipts or anything else that proves where you were at a time different from what your log shows. Either trash them or mail them somewhere where you can pick them up. Any receipt for less than $500.00 is worth less to you in deductions than a Falsification of logs ticket will cost you by the time you are through.

I just took it to mean that they could get the location and fueling "tag/flag/comment" to go in.

While we are on the subject of logging, how many of you are even flagging you required load checks and tire checks? I'm NOT and so far have always gotten away with it. My argument that has always worked so far is that I don't have to record any change of duty status of less than 7.5 minutes. I often get told to "fix it" with flags of TC or LC without locations, but that's all the farther it has ever went yet.

Good Luck.

Don Jones

This post has been edited by Don Jones: Aug 11 2007, 02:34 PM

+Quote Post
frtlnrblues
post Aug 12 2007, 06:54 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

rolleyes.gif I guess I have either been very blessed, or "Big Joe" is riding in my jump set! "Phatom 309"
I have only had my log looked at a hand full of times, for those of you who remember, we were alloted 15 minutes to update logs, then they chaged it now as long as your up to date of midnight of the day of inspection they have to allow you to catch up!
?395.13 Drivers declared out of service.

(a) Authority to declare drivers Out of Service. Every special agent of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (as defined in Appendix B to this subchapter) is authorized to declare a driver out of service and to notify the motor carrier of that declaration, upon finding at the time and place of examination that the driver has violated the out of service criteria as set forth in paragraph b of this section.

b Out of Service criteria. (1) No driver shall drive after being on duty in excess of the maximum periods permitted by this part.

b(2) No driver required to maintain a record of duty status under ?395.8 or ?395.15 of this part shall fail to have a record of duty status current on the day of examination and for the prior 7 consecutive days.

b(3) Exception. A driver failing only to have possession of a record of duty status current on the day of examination and the prior day, but has completed records of duty status up to that time (previous 6 days), will be given the opportunity to make the duty status record current

I fought and won the older 15 minute rule in court, I would the newer rule as well, I won't argue with the man with a gun!
But in 35 years of trucking I have never had a bad experince with DOT or police!
I attribute that to 1st impressions, attitude, and an old philoshiy taught me by an older driver years ago, keep your dash board clean, trash on the dash is a sign of disorganization, RED FLAG!!!!
I have only had my log looked at once since using TH log in my laptop (several years now), and the officer was just curious about it, I add, I was up to midnight of the previuos night, he told me to catch up, I did and He told me to have a nice day, of which I acknoledged the same back to him!
I must be blessed! rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Aug 12 2007, 07:28 PM
Post #8

I've always advised - and always try to follow my advice - if you're clean, the portion of your truck that is visible is clean and you use a YES SIR/NO SIR attitude you'll probably not have too much of a problem with DOT. If on the other hand you're dirty, your trucks dirty and you've got a chip on your shoulder DOT is sure to want to knock it off. ph34r.gif

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
frtlnrblues
post Aug 12 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #9

Advanced Member

laugh.gif So true John!

+Quote Post
Don Jones
post Aug 16 2007, 05:01 AM
Post #10

Advanced Member

One comment about the 15 minute rule -- it applies to being placed out of service, but it does NOT say that they can't cite you for not being current. I also doesn't keep you from getting written up on an inspection.

I agree that yor attitude is probabl the best insurance against getting hasseled, but it doesn't always work. Sometimnes the officer is just looking for a victim to vent his frustration on.

I do agree though that there are some people who just seem to draw bad luck -- call it bad karma or what ever.

Don Jones

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-->