Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hours Of Service To Remain Unchanged, 12/11/07 LANDLINE ARTICLE
John Ewing
post Dec 18 2007, 12:14 AM
Post #1

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

According to this article in LandLine magazine the FMCSA has issued an interim final rule that keeps the rules as they are now. So there's no change for the time being.

While I regret that people die in crashes involving trucks, I'm totally opposed to a small group of people (CRASH, THE TRUCK SAFETY COALITION, ETC) going on campains to destroy the trucking industry because of their personal loss. Their information total distorts the facts in these issues and they proceed without any regard for the effects of their nonsensical demands on the lives of not only truckers but every citizen of this country. READ THEIR NONSENSE and then do something to stop them.

WITHOUT TRUCKS AMERICA STOPS

If you agree then one of the things you can do to help stop this onslaught of nonsense is to support OOIDA. They are a voice of reason in this dispute. If you're not already a member join today - the more voice we they have the more influence they carry.

JOIN OOIDA HERE

Want to join by phone? Call us 321-956-7331 9am-5pm est and tell the person who answers that you want to join OOIDA. We'll take you application right over the phone. Right now there's a special going on $25 for your first years membership for all new members. Call now and help us put an end to these frivilous demands from a few who are determined to undermine the safety and welfare of the trucking industry.

(NOTE: Truckers Helper does not get any commission or fee for signing you up. We support OOIDA and donate our time because we believe in the American Trucker and in OOIDA as the representative of what's best in trucking.)

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper
Don't forget to get the latest Online Update
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Don Jones
post Dec 18 2007, 01:40 AM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 845

Next to John and the Truckers Helper program, one of my most valued assets has been my LIFE MEMBERSHIP in OOIDA!

While I may not always agree with the details of their actions/programs, I've always found them to be dedicated to improving the status of the American Truck Driver regardless of whether it be company drivers, leased "owner operators", independent owner operator or small fleet owners and their drivers. I've never seen them take a position that was bad for any part of the industry, except to take on the big companies that use their size and power to take unfair advantage of smaller companies and owners operators, and even then the action has always been beneficial for the industry and the fair/good big companies.

UNITED WE STAND AND DIVIDED WE FALL! All that evil(or misguided good people) need to prevail is for good to be quiet and complacent.

PLEASE JOIN AND HELP US PRESERVE OUR INDUSTRY FROM THOSE WHO WOULD DESTROY IT FOR EITHER THEIR OWN BENEFITS OR OUT OF VENGEANCE AGAINST A FEW BAD APPLES!

Thank you.

Don Jones
Life member of OOIDA

+Quote Post
Don Jones
post Dec 18 2007, 02:05 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 845

I just went to the link John provided to the anti-trucker's nonsense and quit reading in about 10 seconds in disgust over the blatant distortion and out right lies.

For example they claim that the 11 hour rule "dramatically increases the time that a driver can drive without rest'" and the 14 hour rule dramatically increases the amount of time a driver can work without rest when we all know that the next effect of the 2004 rule was to DECREASE the number of hours we can drive in a 24 hour period from 16 under the 10/15/8 hour rule (drive 10 + rest 8 + drive 10 again and so on until you ran out of 70/80 with the first 6 hours of the second driving shift being in the 24 hour day) to 14 hours driving in a 24 hour period under the 11/14/10 rule ( drive 11 + rest for 10 + 21 leaving only 3 hour is the 24 hour period for a total of 14 hours in the first day).

The total work time was reduced too from 15 on duty + 8 rest +1 work in 24 hour for a total of 16 hours of work to 14 on duty + 10 rest in 24 hours for a total on duty of 14 hours. Where do they get the new rule "dramatically increased the amount of time a driver could drive or work without rest"?!

How long are we going to stand silently for this?

Don Jones

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-->