Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Another Register Wish List
teamdriver
post Jan 4 2011, 02:06 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1821

I wish we could access the register with out having to go into I & E....

(of course this may already exist and I've not found it yet laugh.gif )
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Jan 4 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #2

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I'll leave this on the Wish List and one of these days when I have time to get to this list I think that could be arranged. But the primary use for the Register is to be able to use it to look something up and then Right Click it to go to the transaction and that functionality would have to be eliminated to more it outside of the I&E section. Not sure that would be a good trade off.

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper
Don't forget to get the latest Online Update

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Jan 5 2011, 02:27 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

I guess I should have said been able to VIEW it w/o having to into I & E. There are times I need to look up balances and I'm working in some other screen and need to go to the register and can't without closing what ever I'm working in.

The feature of being in I & E going to the register and then being able to click on the transaction, DOES NOT need to change...

So, I guess I should have used the word VIEW.

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Jan 5 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #4

Well VIEW without the rest of the functionality would basically require writing a new component that would do that - so it's on the list but probably not something that'll appear in the near future ph34r.gif

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Jan 6 2011, 02:36 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

What can I say, I wish big.... laugh.gif

I guess if we could open more than one section at a time when in TH, that would actually resolve that issue at least I think it would.....but all I know how to do is turn the computer on, so how the fine functions of a software or the computer work, are way out of my league.... wink.gif

+Quote Post
John Ewing
post Jan 6 2011, 02:48 PM
Post #6

Well opening more than one page at a time is also not possible in the nature of the way everything work. The reason you have to close one page before you can access another is that the database doesn't like to be left hanging which is what happens when you're part way into something on one page and them go somewhere else and so it gets lost when you do that and hangs up or crashes blink.gif

Sometimes it's just the foibles of the way things work. blink.gif

--------------------
John Ewing
The Truckers Helper

+Quote Post
teamdriver
post Jan 7 2011, 02:26 PM
Post #7

Advanced Member

You know now that you put it like that, it makes total sense. For instance if I'm working in B&B that info transfers to I & E since it does 2 entries (basically) showing the money being outstanding then you go in I&E and show the money coming in. I can see where the program would see it basically as being "left hanging".

Thanks for explaining. I hope others read this so they understand "why" we can't open more than one page...I've seen the post a couple times. tongue.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

-->